If you have never attended a Bikram Yoga class, our recommendation is that you do it now. Getting to the studio is often the biggest challenge, but here are a few things that will make your experience all the better.
- Arrive 15-20 minutes before class is scheduled to begin. There will be some forms to complete.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day. Being well-hydrated before class will mean that you don't have to rely on your water bottle during class and you will feel a whole lot better.
- Avoid eating for 2-3 hours before class. After you have practiced several times, you can begin to experiment with the right balance for your body but, for now, give it some extra time to digest.
- Wear suitable clothing. While it is ok to wear pants and a long shirt in class, most women wear shorts and a tank or crop top, and men wear just shorts. Our general recommendation is to “wear the least amount that you are comfortable in”.
bring a reusable water bottle that you can fill with the best Campbell River water. We do not sell single-use water bottles at the studio.
- Bring a yoga mat and 2 large towels (one to put on top of your mat, and one for the shower). Don't have one? We also rent and sell mats and towels.